Friday, October 29, 2010

This Campaign Rocks

With video game Guitar Hero rising in popularity, guitar sales are falling. Sparrow Guitars responded to this trend with a great advertising campaign to sell guitars and remind young people that real music is made with instruments.











This campaign succeeds because it serves the needs of the company and the industry, and touches on teenagers' desires to rebel.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these - they're awesome. I was wondering when a guitar or music company was going to respond to the Guitar Hero phenomenon. I saw a kid riding his bike the other day with a guitar neck sticking out of his backpack. I thought, "Oh he must be headed to band practice." But as he got closer I realized that it was a plastic Guitar Hero guitar. LAME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids start playing guitar because they want to be rock stars ... I've always wondered if Guitar Hero was interrupting that cycle. It looks like Sparrow isn't going to take it lying down. Great ads.

    (Jenny's comment reminded me of this: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Guitar-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B001NTBWK4. That's right -- maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and chrome tuners. Too bad they don't actually tune anything because it's a video game controller and NOT A REAL GUITAR.)

    ReplyDelete